Monday, January 20, 2014

Obama: ‘There’s No Doubt’ That Some People Really Dislike Me Because I’m Black

 

President Barack Obama said there’s “no doubt” that some people genuinely dislike him because of the color of his skin.

Obama: Theres No Doubt That Some People Really Dislike Me Because Im Black

AP

“There’s no doubt that there’s some folks who just really dislike me because they don’t like the idea of a black president,” Obama said in a new wide-ranging interview with The New Yorker. “Now, the flip side of it is there are some black folks and maybe some white folks who really like me and give me the benefit of the doubt precisely because I’m a black president.”

Obama has faced falling poll numbers and been hit with multiple controversies during his second term in office, including the heavily botched rollout of his signature health care law; embarrassing surveillance revelations from National Security Agency leaker Edward Snowden; and October’s partial government shutdown.

Re-blogged from The Blaze

Obama: ‘There’s No Doubt’ That Some People Really Dislike Me Because I’m Black
Madeleine Morgenstern
Mon, 20 Jan 2014 13:46:40 GMT

No comments:

Post a Comment